Friday, March 6, 2009

I wasn't always like this

It's true. I wasn't always cynical. I was a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of kid. 
But you know, life just sort of wears you down to a nub.

Things like this just seep into my soul and blacken my innards:
I belong to/volunteer with a multiples group. I admin their forums. These forums are super helpful to the members so I get something from that. Ultimately, I like to help people or see people being helped. But every once in awhile, a newly pregnant person joins and I admin their account and sign them up to receive the group's daily emails. Then, out of the blue, usually early on in their pregnancy, I get the "this person has unsubscribed from your group."

I know what that means. It's terrible and sad and tragic. 

I got one today. This is what puts the day-to-day nonsense of what I do for a living (clearly I am not curing cancer) and the ridiculousness of my co-workers into perspective. Quit your whining. There are larger things at play here. It's what hardens the core of my cynical nature. 

Don't mind me standing over here off to the side.

I'm     just    waiting    for     the    other     shoe     to      drop.

6 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Since someone dropped out of the group is there now room for me?

mulderjoe said...

There's always room for you.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I love hangin' out with broads with twins.

Not sure why.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Kathy: Ooh. Yep. Roger that.

IANO: You think they have 4 boobs.

Sarah said...

bahahahaha I was about to say that Sparkle but you have it covered! :)

Kathy said...

IANO - u can always hang wit da broads. Just mk sure you bring yer shovel.

:P