Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fine. Here's a post for ya.

For the most part, I have been pleased with President Obama's reign. I believe he's the guy that actually means it when he says, "The buck stops here". But when the buck stops, it seems that Mr. Obama will then go ahead and give that money to GM.

I understand that we are in a catastrophic financial time. I am aware that our economy needs stimulus. What I do NOT understand is how helping a large American auto maker which has been consistently producing sub par products for decades. 30 billion dollars. Someone needs to tell the powers that be that Japan and other countries have soundly beaten our companies with superior products. Let's put a DNR on this.

Explain to me, someone, how will this help the economy? I am extremely sympathetic towards the employees of GM and the other banks which have received stimulus money. But come on.

Can we please look to give money to middle-class Americans? The middle-class is responsible for keeping the market economy going. What about giving the middle-class 30 billion with the expressed directions to spend this money? Would that get the economy going faster than giving that money to an American dinosaur?

5 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I was watching that Obama/White House interview thing the other night and was thankful that for a few short hours Obama wasn't spending money.

And then the interview was over...

Bo said...

Ruff ruff

mulderjoe said...

HA! What you don't know is Mr. Obama was actually spending money while doing the interview. Key phrases in his interview signaled the west wing to spend spend spend.

Or something.

Sarah said...

Obama is black?

Sparks515 said...

Now I'm all riled up.