Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just what the eff is going on?

So last night after I got home from the Outer Limits (it's a store, not a state of mind. Although, that's arguable, too), I went inside to hang out with my in-laws. Sometime between 8:30-10pm someone shot a hole in the back window of my new car. Barry, my awesome brother-in-law, discovered the damage and helped me clean up the glass. I called the Police and they filed a report.

Noone else's cars were damaged. Just mine. If I were paranoid, I would assume someone was out to get me. But as far as I know, I'm all good with the world. I began to wonder: just was IS it with me and cars? In 2007, my car was parked in the same spot and got smushed by a giant oak tree. Quite naturally, I had just paid it off the month before. Sigh. This is less catastrophic, but still just as annoying.

If karma is a real thing, hopefully it will catch up with those utter bastards and smother them in their sleep. Okay, maybe a bit harsh. But hey, I'm totally pissed.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry Joe! I can't believe that happened to you! I just saw your pictures of your car on Facebook.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Hmm. Do you think you might have said something to miff the Outer Limits guy?

(VERY, very, very sorry to hear this. Does insurance cover sniper fire? I sincerely hope so.)

mulderjoe said...

You know, IANO is indeed a suspect. But then, I'm not sure he could be arsed.

I'm in a better mood today. Window was replaced and everything seems to be back in order with the world.

(waiting for the other shoe to drop...)