Wednesday, December 17, 2008

and I thought I was cynical

I belong to a twin group and read this forums post this AM:

Chicken Pox Parties
Posted by: "XXX" Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:19 pm (PST)
Hi Everyone, If anyone out there is unvaccinated and interested in coming over for a "Chicken Pox Party" at our place we have the virus and are contagious, probably through next week.I know the timing stinks what with the holidays and all, but if that doesn't matter to you, come on over. Best playdate times for us are mornings anywhere from about 9 till about noon or so.We are in NameofTownRemovedToProtectTown. There is parking. My guys are 2, so kids around that age would be the best fit. We have a cat. Please email me offlist to set something up if you are interested.


And I thought South Park (when they did an episode on this years ago) was just joking.

I hope...that when this woman's kids are older....that they pay her back the same way the SoPk kids got revenge.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

People are so stupid. I hate people.

People in general suck today.

Kathy said...

especially people who willingly/knowingly expose their children, supposedly their most prized possession (if you can possess another human), to a virus.

i hope that woman gets crabs for christmas

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I'm going to a wine and cheese party.

I think the wine is contagious.

(You belong to a Twin Group?? So gay)

Horroru said...

Sure, I'll bring my kids over and expose them to a potentially deadly virus, no problem...wait, you have a cat? HOLY CRIPES FORGET IT! My kid is alergic.

mulderjoe said...

SARAH: yep. i also hate icy corners and fire hydrants, insurance companies and the fact that i was too stupid to use main roads to work this morning.

KATHY: you can, in fact, possess another human. just ask Boston Brand.

IANO: you're going to a wine & cheese party, and a twin group is gay? why not just put a dress on and swish around for us.

HORRORU: can you believe this sh*t? people willingly exposed to viruses. kinda sounds like a lost weekend, actually...

Sarah said...

I don't hate people as much now. But I still think people who bring their kids to a chicken pox party are stupid. I stand by this.

I also agree with Joe regarding the Wine and Cheese party. Hella-lame.

Gustavo Larry said...

Am I the only one who supports the chicken pox party idea? Who's actually died from chicken pox lately? I think I've had it before and I just think I stayed home from school until it left. You get it once and then you're immune. It's the best.

Amy Bennett said...

I'm with M.L. If, for some reason, you neglected to get your kids vaccinated for chicken pox (which I think happens at 15 or 18 months), might as well catch it at a party. Although I think I'd wait until they were older (7 or 8 would be good). It's hard to tell a 2 year old not to scratch.