Monday, December 8, 2008

Don't Let Christmas Stop You

Ok. Christmas is my favorite time of year. But even with all that yuletide cheer and hohoho, I've no difficulty dredging up some cynicism. Where are my fellow cynics? Helllloooo. Are you out there? Put down that egg nog and let it rip.

A quick nugget of cynicism:

All you charities with your hand out.....Did you hear about the recent increase in unemployment, home foreclosures, and stock market woes? You are part of the problem. You keep sending notepads, stickers, and all that spam junk mail. STOP. You want to do some good? Save the paper and email me or just bugger off. If I want to donate to your cause, I know where to find you. And what EXACTLY are you doing with the donations you do get? Remember the chick who headed up the Amer. Red Cross and her salary? Yes, I said "salary". People who run charities should do it out of the kindness of their hearts. Donate their salary to their charity.
Mail order catalogs. See above. You're killing trees. You're using inks that have lead in them. If that won't stop you then consider that NOBODY wants popcorn as a Christmas present. NOBODY wants a rosemary tree with ribbons. Just. Stop.

Ok. That wasn't cynical. It was just a rant. Sue me.

5 comments:

Horroru said...

Jesus, the twins are looking more like you and Joe every day!!!

Amy Bennett said...

i will not put down the eggnog

Sarah said...

LMAO @ Amy

I agree, who even buys those ridiculous gigantic tubs of popcorn?

mulderjoe said...

:: chomping on popcorn from a tub ::

Who knows?! Losers, probably.

:: Takes a swig of eggnog, buys gifts for people to win their love. ::

Sarah said...

Maverick Larry: Oooh do I get a gigantic tub of pop corn for Christmas?

I hope it's in my stocking!!