Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Only the good get overlooked.

OK. I knew this would happen. I hoped it wouldn't, but it did:

Reworked mortgages not working

Turns out that more than half of the delinquent homeowners who had their mortgages reworked thanks to the bailout are once again late on their payments.

May I just say:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH" (and not in a pirate way).

Listen: people who are losing their homes due to being unable or deciding not to pay their mortgages do not need to have their hands held and money given on their behalf. I know that citizens deserve to have a roof over their heads, but there are many, many options available. Get an apartment. Find a home that's not as expensive to pay for. Or, just pay your damned bills.

I have a mortgage and a home in constant need of repair. It costs a sh*tload to keep my family sheltered and warm. Yet, I make timely payments. How about reworking a mortgage for me? I will pay the premiums and you, Mr. Mortgage Lender, will still make a good amount of money off of my interest.

Just goes to show that if you're a citizen that does everything they're supposed to, you ultimately get overlooked. Instead of rewarding the people that do a good job, they instead help everyone who doesn't. It's that damned "no child left behind" hippy legislation that's behind this all, I tell you.

What about the adage, "give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll be darned sick of seafood and go looking for a handout so he can go get steak?"

5 comments:

Kathy said...

and don't forget that we're getting shafted by the new toll hikes and proposed gas tax.

f*ckers

Kathy said...

sorry about the expletive.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Give a man a house and he'lll live in it for 30 something years.

Teach a man to BUILD a house and he'll hurt his back and collect Workman's Comp.

Or something.

Gustavo Larry said...

LOL @ IANO. Something is wrong with this society. I'm tired of the responsible one's always paying for the irresponsible. It's pretty rediculous. Help me pay my mortgage and I'll gladly spend more of my money in the economy.

I know what we need. We need everyone with credit cards to go out and max them out by buying tons of useless items and give them as gifts to everyone. I can tell you right now that the people who can't pay their mortgages are probably the people that were first in line at Wal-Mart trampling that guy. I heard some guy say "I can't pay my mortgage because my kids told Santa that they want a Nintendo Wii".....OK, I didn't actually hear anyone say that, but this is a cynic's blog, right?

Horroru said...

Larry, your post was "cynerific"!

Nobody on this blog is surprised at this development.
Hmmm, let's see, we gave a loan to someone who has no job and he's defaulting on it -- I know, let's rework their mortgage, that will solve the problem!

Politicians, with their selling Senate seats and their feel good legislation, is there anything they can't do?!