Thursday, July 24, 2008

(M & W) + (M & K) = W Therefore > All M W

Do you ever hear a man say "I'm a working Dad."

No. No. You don't.

This pretty much sums up my rant and in fact...I'm starting a new trend, right now, before your very eyes. When you read about it a year from now on the The New York Times...you'll recall that I started it all, right here, right now.

No more "I'm a working Mom" because first off....all Moms work. Duh. Kids are work. Work is work. Therefore, all Moms work.

(M & W) + (M & K) = W therefore > All M W. Move on over there, Einstein. Nice hair.

No more "I'm a stay at home Mom" because we all stay at home. We sleep there, eat there, do laundry there, raise our kids there, etc. No one says "I'm a stay at hotel Mom" or "I'm a stay at work Mom"

From now on...."I work and I'm a Mom" or "I'm a Mom and I work" and that pretty much covers it.

Oh, and by the way, the so called "Mommy Wars" - what a load of rubbish. A term coined to sell books. Quite unlike the term I've just coined above....but if a book comes out of it, won't you part with a buck and check it out?

I work. I'm Mom. I am.

6 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

HA! Excellent points. You bet I'd part with a buck and check the book out.

Here's a confession, 'though: I always thought that when women said "I'm a working Mom" they were trying to distinguish themselves from the "broken Moms."

Kathy said...

I'm going to train an army of foot flesh eating fish to attack whenever they hear the phrases "I'm a working Mom" or "I'm a stay at home".
AND
If people don't buy my book, I'll send an army of foot flesh eating fish to their houses.
AND THEN
I'll launch my own TV show "When Foot Flesh Eating Fish Attack!!!"

(yes... 3 exclamation points...it'll be a huge hit on Fox)

I foresee a whole empire!!!!
BWAA HAHAH HAHAHAHAH
(that's my evil laugh)

mulderjoe said...

I've created a monster!!! (three Fox exclamation points)

Sparkle Plenty said...

MAN! I believe the correct term for Kathy might be "adorably diabolical" or perhaps "diabolically adorable"? Either way: VERY funny!

mmm-mmm-MMM-MWAHhahahahahah!

Yours in evil laughter,
Sparkle

Sarah said...

I love when I'm at the park or some such other mommy activity and the SAHM's yes they have their own acronym's...are all:
OBM: "ohh she's so cute you must love spending your entire days with her"

Me: "Actually I work during the day"

OBM: "Ohh...well I guess that's nice too"

Me: under breath"How would you like my foot in your a##?"

OBM: "Pardon?"

Me: "I said How do you like...ohh looks like it's time for dinner hope to see you soon."

Like it matters right? As long as your child is in good hands during the day and your comfortable then all is good with the world!! :)

Joe Doherty said...

HA! Great comment, Sarah. That made me laugh out loud.