Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So what's in the news...

Jose Canseco gets his butt handed to him in his boxing debut. Former Philadelphia Eagle Vai Sikahema, who, by the way, is significantly shorter and lighter than Mr. Canseco, beat the living poo out of Jose. I'm not sure why, but this made me smile. I didn't know the fight was happening, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't have tuned in. But knowing the result...I find myself tickled.

"A rose by any other name would wither and die." - Peter O'Toole. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt announced the names of their newborn twins: Knox and Vivienne. What were the chances these two would have normal names? Granted, this is no "Dweezil", "Moon Unit" or "Apple" level of eccentricity. But still, come on. Does being rich and famous give you license to be odd for the sake of being odd under the umbrella of "creativity"? I suppose so. I'm neither rich nor famous...that's why I named my twin sons Kevin & Jason.

Obama said that "Afganistan is a war we have to win". No jokes here. I agree completely.

The Federal Reserve Chairman said something that gave me pause: the fragile economy is facing "numerous difficulties". Before becoming involved with the Fed, Mr. Bernanke used to work for the Department of Stating the Clearly Obvious. Mr. Bernanke also mentioned that there are 4 bases in baseball and that standing in the rain might dampen your shirt.

Jimmy Kimmell and Sarah Silverman have ended their 5 year relationship. I'm actually a little bummed about this. I have no idea why. Do you think she's really ****ing Matt Damon?

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I completely agree that celebrities seem to name their children different letters they pick at random out of a hat. All with the intention of being "creative" what a crock.

The Silver Fox said...

They never think ahead. This is the celebrity equivalent of sending your child to school with a "Kick Me!" sign taped to his back.