Thursday, November 6, 2008

Whither the lowly shower curtain?

My "pretend it's not there and it won't be" blinders had just about taken care of the naked old ladies who sprawl on the benches in my gym's locker room and take their dear sweet time changing when I discovered this: Hardly anyone closes the shower curtains. My husband's comment was, "you get shower curtains?" So I guess it could be worse. But no! It's already worse. Isn't it worse to willfully and knowingly not use the shower curtains you do have? Dear god! So, aforementioned husband suggested I stand and stare until they ask what the hell I'm doing to which I should reply "oh, I thought that's why you left the curtain open." But I'm on my very short lunch hour for crying out loud. I can't spend my precious time being the creepy leering person in the locker room. Plus, I rely on my eyes for my job and I'm pretty sure the sight of all that wrinkly, dimply flesh might blind me.

4 comments:

mulderjoe said...

I was thinking up a reply but I'm just too nauseous now.

Horroru said...

Why does your description remind me of that scene in The Shining where Nicholson is making out with that beautiful woman who ends up turning into a wrinkled old corpse?

Ah, cause I'm me, that's why....

Kathy said...

U could whip out your cell phone camera and tk photos announcing loudly that ur a health inspector gathering evidence against members

U could pee and not close the stall door (Take that u ol' crones!)

U could look at the exposed person and giggle as you quickly look and walk away

mulderjoe said...

Totally agree horroru. I was thinking something along the same lines...

eh. Nauseous again.