Monday, January 19, 2009

Ok, here comes the crazy...

I saw an article this week about a scientific testing facility in England revealing some inexplicable gravitational wave "noise" out in the far reaches of the universe. The explanation? Our world may be a giant hologram. I then had to couple this idea with a notion I've been reading about for some time now, suggesting this is all a simulation.
Combining the two ideas yields, for me, A) we ain't here B) this - whatever it is - ain't "live", as in "Saturday Night Live", but is merely a cache of data that appears to be "playing".
I know, "are you drunk/high?". No, it's been a while.
I'm not going to go too deep here into my sense of what all this means, but the gravitational wave data suggests that at some very-distant point, the universe stops obeying any known laws of physics (when does it obey?) and simply fades into a penumbra-like non-beingness (penumubra = edge of a shadow where it is neither light nor dark, "non-beingness" = keister pulled word).
The article on Virtual Reality also discusses how certain ideas fall apart into inexplicability, leaving the Occam's razor-like idea that if reality "can't be", then it simply "ain't".
What? The sweet & happy invisible, all-knowing, all-seeing, grandfather in-the-sky is so much more plausible? Please. You are nothing more than a lot of very-closely circulating molecules of energy. Not too unlike electrons flashing across a processer, for a moment simulating something, which really ..isn't.
I will not be held responsible for carpet cleaning of the mind-blown.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

And this is all happening at the same time Obama is being inoculated...spoooky.

mulderjoe said...

Hardly crazy, Kev. The key is to know that we really know very little and understand less about reality.

They can classify the universe as a hologram all they want, but most likely the words haven't been invented yet to properly describe what's really going on.

Until then, I'm content with pizza and Battlestar Galactica every Friday night.

Horroru said...

Since reading this info, I've been trying to hack into this "reality" code so I can:
1. Make myself look like Hughe Jackman.
2. Program my wife Jen to think that Kate Beckinsale would be a good second wife.
3. Program Kate Beckinsale (see #2)

In other words, I'm trying to do things in the interest of all humanity....

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Puzzle Genius!

Kathy said...

"simply fades into a penumbra-like non-beingness"

That phrase describes nearly every thought I have and every sentence I start.

Just ask Joe.