Friday, January 30, 2009

On a seperate note, you are not Brand compliant...

So I am in charge of another menial task that puts me nowhere close to my career goals...but that's another rant for another time. I am now the editor for our eNewsletter. Sounds glamorous eh? If by glamorous you mean corralling three different people and threatening/bullying them into giving you their articles for this month's newsletter, than having to write the whole thing over again because their grammar is atrocious, then yes, it's very glamorous.

So anyways, I submitted my eNewsletter for brand review, and then you have to email them separately to tell them what the purpose is and who it is going to. So I do just that and sign it: Sarah LastName. Big mistake.

I receive a sort of nasty email telling me that my email signature is not Brand compliant and she has no idea who I am where I'm from etc. And then she signs it: Jamie. Yep, Jamie. No last name, nothing. I was SO tempted to be a smart ass and write her asking for her signature but I decided to keep my mouth shut. Which I'm sorry, is VERY hard to do!

It's not like she can't just open a new email and type my last name to figure out who I am. So I type out who I am who I work for my address etc. Then go in to change my signature to something similar to what my boss has. Note: I hate email signatures they are so stupid, if you don't know who I am ask someone or look it up. I don't email that many people who don't already know me.

I had to make a few changes, just to the font size, and apparently had to resubmit it all over again. Then she comes back and emails us this laundry list of things she needs us to do...have I stated that this is an INTERNAL COMMUNICATION!? She said she required passwords and logins to all of our private business applications, that a link didn't work and that one of our internally used applications did not have the proper brand name.

Signed,

Jamie

and then this:

On a separate note, your email signature is still not brand compliant please download our requirements from:...

Signed,

Jamie

Please don't ask me why she signed her first name twice.

I hate Jamie, I hate brand and I hate eNewsletters. Also, the link works Jamie, you're just an idiot.

8 comments:

mulderjoe said...

I love the "Jaime sucks" label.

I can't stand it when people don't drink their own koolaid.

Gustavo Larry said...

Dear Jamie,
Please play by your own rules, you hypocrit. You're just mad that your department name is so bland....The Brand Department. It's obvious that your workload is so low that you're resigned to criticizing people about their signature. In the future, I'll add pictures to my email signature. What do you think about that? It's obvious that really love the company.

Thanks in advance,
The Non-Branded Maverick

Sarah said...

I hate Jaime, I have to be nice to her. And we all know how much I HATE to be nice to people I don't like!

The Silver Fox said...

Great post. I, too, love the "Jamie Sucks" label.

Croninski said...

Jamie is an idiot. Jamie is justifying Jamie's existence by saving-the-day when other people are not brand compliant. Jamie is terrified of losing Jamie's job, or being found out as an idiot.
In some video games, there are AI characters whose sole purpose is to antagonize you, & distract from goal/success, and the rules never apply to them. Jamie is very skill-limited AI who needs your help in signing up for ALL KINDS of SPA... ahem "email newsletters" (all kinds, yes, those ones too..).
For the sake of remaining the anonymous savior this will prove you to be, do this from a computer other than your work or home (IP address..). Jamie has no idea how helpful you can be.
Selling Jamie's snowmobile on craigslist for a moderately low price could also be a "fun" idea.
What? Jamie does not have one? Well, the lovely folks calling won't know that until Jamie tells them. Remember to have Jamie admonish the potential buyers- "if you are one of those retards who thinks I'll sell it xtra cheap because the economie (yeah, misspell stuff), then get bent."

Of course you could reply to Jamie, sickly sweet, "Perhaps you could share a good example of what a brand compliant signature looks like". If it sets Jamie off, play dumb and stick with it "what? no I really want to learn this and you seem to know, but I didn't find one in your email..."

Anonymous said...

u should sign jaime up for hundreds of useless newsletters..

fight fire with fire...

Sarah said...

I love all of the great idea's! I am however convinced that she is a made up person. Someone supposedly knew her last name and we tried to look her up in outlook and, surprise surprise she's not there. I only have a general brand reviewing email for her, not even her own email.

I hate Jaime.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the downgrade publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=teleport pro 1.47 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg