Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What, is there a f***ing full moon or something?


Explain to me what's going on. I just don't get it. Nearly everyone I've spoken to is having a "day". And this "day" has lasted nearly a week. Personally, I'm also having a very long "day".


How would you define "day"? Imagine the most stressful, gut-wrenchingly idiotic thing ever. Plus a papercut. That's a "day".


Now, I know that we're in a nationwide lay-off panic. So I'll try to make this more general than just complaining about a day at work, even though that's what motivated this blog entry. Honestly, I think people who have been laid off from work are in enough of a state that they don't need to read some goofy cynical blog. Perhaps not...welcome all.


But just what the f*** is going on? Seriously? Have people taken crazy pills lately? I have people asking and doing just the dumbest things all around me. I took my family to the mall this weekend for a stroll and holy cow...that is just a microcosm of American society at it's most moronic. I saw people walking and talking on cell phones while they had a perfectly acceptable companion next to them, looking insulted and bored. And those single person shoppers...also on phones...are walking like they're driving while talking on a phone: utterly distracted. Weaving around, not paying attention to their surroundings and nearly walking right into my baby carriage.


I won't go into the drivers who talk on cell phones. Too easy a rant. But let me just say I support legislation to ban cell phone use while driving. Yes, hands-free is fine. Blah blah blah.


So back to the full moon effect. I have people asking me work questions via email that are...well, no other word for it: embarrassing. One email I listed a full set of instructions that would help a user who then proceeded to NOT read it and asked me a question that would have been answered had he read JUST BELOW HIS QUESTION. Right there, sir. Yes, just scroll down a bit...YES there. I, seriously, copied & pasted the same section below...and he was delighted with my answers.


Sigh.


And why is it when I eat healthy, organic food that I feel like crap? Why does my co-worker hock loogies in the men's room every single time I'm in there? Is the air around me caustic?? By god, I'll make it caustic.


Pass the broccoli.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am one of those people to whom MulderJoe is refering as I myself emailed him to day and then proceeded to complain about how incredibly grouchy I was. I think it's the January-February blues. No kidding. My Boss and I were talking today about how we just seemed to get depressed in January.

I think it's due to well the economy, but in general people spend too much over Christmas and then the reality sinks in that they have to pay for it all...

For me however, everyone is an idiot and I hate them all.